SEED OF OVERCOMING FEAR

October 3rd, 2012

Fear pretends its protecting you, when actually its preventing you.

Subscribe to Inspiration Back to Inspiration page

1. Aw, this was an incredibly nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort
    to make a great article… but what can I say… I put things off a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.

2. Ian Tomlinson says:

greatCreating quote, couldn’t agree more. It’s the stuff we make up in our heads that stops us living a full life.

3. Atit Parajuli says:

Sometime fear subsides so much deeply rooted, that, it becomes difficult to distinguish between fear and serenity

4. [...] Fear pretends its protecting you, when actually its preventing you. (RT @Soulseedsmedia: Fear pretends its protecting you, when actually its preventing you.  [...]

5. BC says:

Yes absolutely!! Fear has prevented me from doing all sorts over the years! I  seem to have so much fear inside me and just want to be able to get over it and get on with my life.

6. Abraham Algadi says:

That is why fear itself is the only thing we have to fear

7. Needing to move on says:

Fear has consumed my life, it has kept me from so many special events in my life. The worst thing is I don’t know what it is that I fear. I need to figure out how to change my mind (fear based thinking) so I can move forward.

8. I am one obsessed but not paralyzed by fear of the raw sort.  I mean the fear you can’t control.  Thank you sincerely for this new source of knowledge and determination.

9. Samantha says:

Very true, fear can have all sorts of negative impacts on your life

10. Shirl says:

Hi, I live in fear every day and have no peace of mind. The older I get, the worse my fears get. I have suffered a lot of serious anxiety over the years too though not at the moment thankgod.  One of my worst problems is caring too much about what people think of me. I know its crazy but I cant serm to handle negativity from anyone. So as you will have guessed, I am a people pleaser!  But thats just the tip of the ice berg where my fears are concerned.  And regretfully I try to cope with the way my fears make me feel by overeating! I have no idea how to overcome this once and for all. :(

hi Shirl, thanks for your honest thoughts. I find it inspiring, and hope you can find in yourself the same strength of character I read in your words. I know you can do it. Be well, and keep in touch. Good thoughts, Ian

12. Anonymous says:

Hi Ian, Thank you for your kind words. I am hoping to find that strength of character one of these days. I know that its not actually things or situations or people that are scaring me, its how I feel about these things that is scaring me. So junk food is actually stopping me from feeling anything. I eat junk food in much the same way as somebody else would get drunk or chain smoke or take drugs. I think that this explanation explains why there are so many overweight people in the world. They are using junk food as a psychological fix.  Not everyone has made this subconscious link between junk food and feeling good, better, numb, calm etc. So those people cannot understand how addictive junk food is. But it is. Many people are in denial about it too. But I’m not. I’ve monitored my thoughts and feelings for years now before, after and during eating junk food. I’m addicted for sure. And all because I cannot handle my emotional state and feelings. I would like to get over this problem once and for all but I have no idea how. Shirl

13. Shirl says:

I am sat here after visiting my mum in hospital again yesterday.  She had a big stroke about 3 months ago. She was unable to walk before the stroke and now she has also lost the use of one of her arms so she is badly disabled.  She can hardly swallow anything and her speech is hit and miss. There is no history of stroke in the family. My mum was the nicest person you could ever meet. She doesn’t deserve this. To cap it all she is a Christian Scientist who has  avoided medication,  doctors and hospitals all her life apart from when me and my brother were born. So this makes it all the more harder as from where I am sitting the religion and her beliefs and prayers have let her down in spectacular fashion. Im scared for mum.  And me.  I live 60 miles away from her and have a job that I share with another girl. So it means I work for a week then have a week off, and so on. So I have been doing my week in work then visiting mum 60miles away for a few days. I don’t know how long I can keep this up as I have my family here to think about as well.  And Im not as young as I was. Im tired after a week in work,  never mind driving so far on my own afterwards. I stay in mums house for a few nights when I visit her. But for some strange reason, I am scared when Im in her home on my own on a night and never used to be when I was younger.  So Im having to deal with this too. Meanwhile mum is in the very place she has avoided for 80 years and is niw being given morphine for pain in her hip. Ive got problems with my lower back, hip and knees and am bothered that I may end up like mum.  God knows I get up feeling scared of something every day.

14. Shirl says:

Hi there,  its 6.20am in the uk. Im just getting up for work.  I find getting up very painful emotionally speaking and have realised its because of my fears. On getting up I ferl like they are all piled heavily on top of me and I have to face them all again. I feel low (When I get up) to the point of depression.  Feel like I want to run awsy and hide. I try to think of people who cant get up in a morning like my mum for example.  She cant walk or anything.  Of course there are lots more like her. There are two things to scare me straight away.  Losing my mum and not being able to walk like her. Anyway I had better stop here or I will be late for work.  Thanks for listening. .