SEED OF ADAPTING TO CHANGE

January 12th, 2013

Change. We don’t like it. We fear it, but we can’t stop it from coming. We either adapt to change or we get left behind. It hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn’t is lying, but here’s the truth sometimes the more things change the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh, sometimes change is good. Sometimes change is everything” ~ Meredith Grey

Subscribe to Inspiration Back to Inspiration page

1. Elaine Wilson says:

I can agree whole heartedly with the quote.  The picture though is another matter, although I do find it cute…..it feeds the myth of an event that too many people believe literally took place.

2. Bharathan Rajaram says:

I love this quote. To welcome change, one must accept that change is in the nature of things. I think, to truly welcome change, I must have a strong vision of who I am, the unchanging core, as Dr. Stephen Covey suggested in his book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

3. Neva says:

Myth, Elaine? How do you, personally, know it didn’t happen?

4. Plainly spoken says:

I agree Elaine. I stopped reading when I saw the biblical (buy-bull) reference.  Ironically, common sense is questioned by people who prefer magical thinking. Because believing  a guy built a big ship, loaded it with wild animals in a time of simple building tools  (no danger there) is less threatening than reality. Glad to see your brave comment. The emperor has no clothes however few have the courage to say it in a world that punishes rational thought over cult thinking. Kudos to you.  It is refreshing to see comments by a free-thinker.

5. Neva says:

It is common sense that some events of ancient history have supernatural elements. Obviously, if one does not believe in the supernatural, none of the bible stories or many other stories of myth, legend or Divine Intervention would seem possible in third-dimensional reality.  The story of the ark will never be likely to meet with logical analysis, minus any God involvement. Free thinking goes both ways. You are free to live without magic; I choose not to do that. I don’t know if the ark really happened or not… and… I leave it open that it could have happened.

thanks for the comments. I find just as much literalism and dogmatism from non religious people as religious people. This thread is an interesting example, seeing as the quote is about change and the graphic is tongue in cheek. As Neva said, you have to be open in every direction.