SEED OF SELF CONFIDENCE

August 5th, 2013

woman in sun

“The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are– bald or old or fat or poor, successful or struggling- when you don’t feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.”~ Charles B. Handy

Subscribe to Inspiration Back to Inspiration page

1. sandy says:

Why the picture of the young, beautiful, perfect-figured woman? I do not think it a good compliment to the quote.

Fair point Sandy. I thought about that when i matched them up, but in the end thought she seemed comfortable in her skin. No intention to perpetuate a stereotype.

3. Julie says:

Sandy…you are not there yet or that picture would not have been a factor….I know this because I didnt even notice the pic until I saw your comment…and even now…it is not a factor….being comfortable in my own skin truly means that I dont even make the comparison because it doesnt matter….

4. sandy says:

From what I have gleamed from the wisdom writings of many is that there is no THERE to get to. Hmmmmm….Reminds of me of the kids in the backseat on a family road trip, “Are we there yet???”

5. Judy says:

telling someone that they are “not there yet” ? hmmm

6. josho says:

Fortunately & unfortunately the observer became precedent at age 27 for me.  Now age 35, at that time my ego thought I was there or at least took credit for the continued epiphanies.  That was the fortunate part,,, the unfortunate part is that their is no staying the observer. Only a continued morphing forever changing journey. With all its humanistic e-motional ups & downs and life in general with its twists,turns,and loops. Like a ride we chose to get on, only we forget we hopped on. Only gift we have for rremembrance is silence, meditation, hallucinogens, laughter and Love. Projeting on to others, ddifferent levels or a here or there,,per say,,is a mere illusion of seperateness manifested by the Ego.  Always come from the heart, have compassion for yourself and other humans.  practice patience for your never know whats are the next bend.