Talking Up Your Intentions

July 20th, 2011

urban streetThe Sufi poet Hafiz once said, “I should not make any promises, but I know that if you pray, somewhere in this world — something good will happen

I feel the same way. I shouldn’t make any promises, but I believe with all my heart that if you set intentions that come from your highest self, align every part of your life with those intentions, live and breathe them with perseverance, then something amazing WILL happen, somewhere and sometime.

This 3 minute video describes the process of clearing the sabotaging thoughts from your mind and aligning your thoughts and words with your deepest intentions. Reframe your thoughts. Redirect your langauge. Reclaim your intentions.

1. Janet King says:

Such a simple message but quite profound. “Be the person you want to be” ~ We all need a reminder to do this and not slip back into self doubts. Thank you for the prompt …WrittenFTH

2. Priscila Leal says:

That is very inspiring! I truly believe it too.
    It reminded me of a commercial with Michael Jordan where he says:
    “I have something more important than courage
    I have patience
    I WILL become what I know I am.”

Thank you, Ian!

thank you Pri. I love that quote from Jordan. I will look it up on utube.

4. Ian -
    I learned a  lot from your presentation here, and am quite favorably impressed by the overall presentation you are making on the internet. Look forward to communicating more with you.
    Thanks.
    Wayne

thank you Wayne- nice to meet you on Twitter and I look forward to more dialogue.

6. Cilene says:

I always say: I am happy because I am what I want to be! =D
    Very nice ;)

7. Rhiah says:

Be who you ARE!  Who you want to be IS who you are. I love it.  ” I have teh ability to do this they way NO one has done before!  Never before has someone with my exact skills been in this moment right now.! ”
    Thanks, it is very interesting as an artist and shaman… to align with one of the world top leading Direct selling esential service company. What a shift.!!  But I welcome the challenge.
    And also would welcome any one who wants to be my customer !

8. Thank you for sharing Ian! It is beautifully said and so true.

9. Great message Ian.  The more we align with our inner world and change that, our outer world will reflect it. We are a reflection of our thoughts. As we begin to delete those self defeating and sabotoging thoughts, we begin to see the world with a new set of eyes.

10. Karen Beasanski says:

What an inspiring message Ian  … great framing and delivery of a much needed call to action.

11. Foxy says:

This reminds me of something I read before called “keep telling yourself lies”. In a nutshell, it said that we keep telling ourselves lies everyday; lies that usually bring us down. The tragedy is not that we tell ourselves lies, but that these lies come true (because we start believing in them). The point of the matter is, if you’re going to tell yourself lies that will come true, you might as well tell yourself “positive” lies, so that they come true. (Different from just being plain delusional, of course)

It’s just something I read. But I like Ian’s version better because we get to reframe our sabotaging thoughts into “truths” just like the beggar example :)

Blessings and inner peace to all of you.

12. Remowill says:

I follow your posts on Twitter and I’ll be looking for more of these videos. So many people sabotage themselves and don’t realize it.

13. Papa G says:

Hey if I pray for the Cubs to win the World Series, you think it will help?

14. Thank you Ian. Just what I needed today. Love and light to you and yours.

15. The genuine act of unconditional love requires us to reframe our highest intentions to succeed.