The clock is ticking. Mother’s Day is just days away, and it’s time to rally the kids to do something special for their Mom. Here are some ways to help your kids get organized, show them that you don’t have to spend a lot of money and teach them that all people LOVE gifts that are full of thought and love. Also, try and choose gifts that are friendly to the earth. Moms are especially sensitive to caring for Mother Earth.
I have gathered these ideas over time. Maybe you can add to the list. Also, I’m the least crafty person in the history of craft, so you will have better ways of creating some of these ideas.
- Plants that come with a certificate to help with planting and watering.
- 20 Soulseeds Affirmations especially for Mom, delivered by email or text.
- A gratitude book- make your own book with recycled bits of paper. Do a drawing on one side and write something you appreciate about Mom on the other side. Staple the pages together.
- Thumb prints pressed into bake at home clay. Then you can turn the clay into a necklace or key chain.
- Dad and kids together write and illustrate a story with Mom in the starring role as super hero. Print into a hard copy bound book.
- A Soulseeds Necklace. You can make it yourself with natural beads and wire.
- Make a love jar. Fill a jar with little things that represent all the things you love about Mom.
- Record a video of a piano recital, a reading, poetry, riding a bike around an obstacle course. Make it fun.
- Dad and kids bake a mother’s day cake, decorating it in her favorite color.
- Make a bouquet of homemade flowers – cut, pasted out of magazines, photos, drawings, pipe cleaners, cotton balls…..
- Put together a treasure hunt with clues hidden around Mom’s favorite park, beach, or hiking trail, Have a picnic set up at the end of it.
- Mow a big heart in the lawn, or collect rocks and place them in a heart shape on the front porch.
Happy Mother’s Day to ALL Moms, Grandmas, Aunts, Step Moms, Honorary Moms, Moms of pets, and especially single Moms. Uncles and male friends can help the kids of single Moms to get organized for the big day. You’re doing an awesome job and I hope you feel loved and appreciated this Mother’s Day.