Higgs Boson is the new rock star of subatomic particles. The implications of this discovery are mind blowing, once you get your head around what it actually means. This is a light hearted intro; ten of my favorite early quotes about Higgs Boson. If you’re looking for a more serious description of Higgs Boson and its significance, click here. And click here to explore the connection between Higgs Boson and immigration. For now, back to the top ten.
1. Now that we’ve found the Higgs Boson, we can turn our attention back to Waldo again.
2. In the beginning Higgs made the heavens and the earth, but what sounds more impressive; God or some boson?
3. The State of Kansas has outlawed the Higgs Boson.
4. A Higgs Boson walks into a church- the priest says, “We don’t serve mass to Higgs Bosons.” The Higgs Boson says, “But without me, there would be no mass.”
5. I just hope Higgs Boson isn’t an Old Testament God particle. (smiting dissenting particles)
6. Great- we found the Higgs Boson, but lost Julian Assange again. (In Ecuador this time I think)
7. Apple claims the patent on the Higgs Boson; sends cease and desist letter to the universe.
8. I thought I found Higgs Boson behind the couch last year, but it turned out to be a marble.
(this cartoon was created by my friend, Jim)
9. Mitt Romney yesterday announced that his running mate would be, you guessed it, the Higgs Boson.
10. Bravo announces its upcoming reality show “Physic’s Next Standard Model.”